[haiku-web] Re: Authentication with Drupal

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 16:59:51 +0000

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 16:32, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The thing with the CAs is: are they known by the common browsers? Because if
>> they're not, we could just as well sign our own certificate and avoid all
>> costs. Signed certificates from CA which are unknown to browsers don't cut
>> it, IMHO.
>
> I'm pretty certain Godaddy and StartCom are both trusted by the
> majority of browsers.
>
> StartCom has a list of browser icons at the bottom of their page
> designating which major browsers they are recognized by.

[QUOTE]
The release of Firefox 2.0 brings a slew of new features to millions
of Internet users. One largely unheralded feature is the inclusion of
the StartCom SSL certificate  in the list of Certificate Authorities
(CAs).
[/QUOTE] :
http://www.linuxboxadmin.com/articles/tools-and-utilities/firefox-2.0-and-lower-the-cost-of-ssl.html

list for GoDaddy  : http://help.godaddy.com/article/1140
# Mozilla (all versions)
# Firefox (all versions)
Users of older browser versions may receive a warning that the root
certificate is not trusted. When presented with the warning those
users can simply install the root certificate. To do so, click "View
Certificate." Then, when the certificate is displayed, click "Install
Certificate." Alternatively, users of older browsers may download and
install the root certificate directly from the Repository[link on
above url]

--mmadia