[haiku-web] Re: Authentication with Drupal

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:03:55 -0800

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If we want, I'll go ahead and register for one of these immediately
>> since they're free anyway :)
>
> I'd still go for the other one (class 2/3), as only those have the wildcard
> feature. Otherwise, we'd run into problem with our different virtual hosts.

I think the reason they don't bother with that is because they're
free, and they also won't revoke them upon request like a Class 2/3 -
making it a disaster if your certificate gets lost or falls into the
wrong hands, and without revocation, you'd have more exposure with a
wildcard cert, you couldn't simply switch to another hostname to "fix"
the problem while waiting for the certificate to expire and get a new
one.

- Urias