[haiku-inc] Re: Donate-O-Meter update... again

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 10:05:28 -0400

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Adrien Destugues
<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Apparently at least one person has offered his help to continue doing it
manually. Why was that denied?

Who was that? Denis? Assuming you are speaking of him he offered to
help some with PHP coding, but at that time (and somewhat still now),
there isn't an obvious way to help, except what I said in my last
email.

I think Haiku, inc. should try to get more people involved. These tasks can
be done
also by people who are not willing to write code, but still want to
contribute in one
way or another. Why is it so hard to become involved?

Speaking of donation information specifically, we have to respect the
privacy of our donators. It would be irresponsible of us to allow any
random person off the internet access to all the PayPal information
that I have access too.

Now if there are long-time, trusted members of the project who wish to
help, I think we would be open to that.

The first priority should be resuming the manual updates (especially if there
is someone
willing to help).

I can at least get my current code in good enough shape to allow other
members of Haiku, Inc to help. That is my fault for not doing that
sooner.

--
Regards,
Ryan