[haiku-i18n] Re: Incomplete imports from HTA

  • From: Marius Middelthon <mcwm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:25:01 +0100

Den 11.03.2011 16:33, skrev Jonas Sundström:
Marius Middelthon<mcwm@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Den 08.03.2011 23:00, skrev Jonas Sundström:
Marius Middelthon<mcwm@xxxxxxxxx>   wrote:
Hi.
It appears that not all the Norwegian translated and approved strings
from the HTA ended up in the nightly on first try. Most of it did, but
not all.

Looking at
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/data/catalogs/apps/people/nb.catkeys
this catkeys file appears to be complete. (first and only revision so far)

I agree, the file looks complete. But then why does the app look only half-translated when I run it? I'm not in front of my haiku-netbook right now, but what I (seem to) remember is that the menu items were translated, but the rest of the field labels (country, nickname etc.) were not. I'll doublecheck when I get home.

Oh, wait, could it have something to do with them being file attributes?

There are a four almost entirely emtpy ones, except for the header line,
which I can't really explain. I assume next time around these will
get populated.

http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/data/catalogs/add-ons/translators/ico/nb.catkeys?rev=40792
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/data/catalogs/add-ons/translators/jpeg/nb.catkeys?rev=40792
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/data/catalogs/add-ons/translators/jpeg2000/nb.catkeys?rev=40792
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/data/catalogs/preferences/opengl/nb.catkeys?rev=40792

These are empty because they contain special terminology. We'd rather have them stand out as an eyesore than committing a half-assed translation that we know is faulty. No problem here.

Marius