[haiku-es] Re: Spanish Haiku website

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:09:00 -0700

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
On 2007-04-17 at 18:26:13 [+0200], "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jérôme Duval wrote:
Hi Jorge,

2007/4/17, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Given the above facts, we would rather go with a dedicated account. So
the question is whether Haiku will pay for it or not. If the answer is
no, then I will discuss with the group what to do. In any case, I will
keep you posted of all developments, as we want official endorsement.

We had a DreamHost account at a time. Could it fit your needs ? It's
not like we have use for it, no ?
I don't know the details of the Dreamhost, but I suspect it would be
more than sufficient.

If it does, then that solves the payment question.

Yes, it would.

If not, and if we decide to pay for a community site, wouldn't that put us in a position where other communities might, rightly, ask for the same? How much money will that cost us?

Yes, it could potentially put Haiku in such a position. But then, if this is going to be an official site, Haiku would need to secure the domain (as opposed to a third party owning it).

The approximate cost would be around US$100/year.

Cheers,

Koki