[haiku-es] Re: Spanish Haiku website

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:15:32 +0200 CEST

"Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I would suggest that all communities would share the same Drupal
> > installation. That also nicely solves the issue with very small
> > local
> > sites, as they would take up little resources, too.
> In theory, yes. But in practice (at least from my knowledge of
> Drupal) I
> believe sharing a single Drupal installation among multiple
> communities
> using different languages would require a major localization
> undertaking
> (most likely including PHP customization) and a lot of coordination,
> which I don't think Haiku has the resources for.

The administration would have to be carried out by the community sites
themselves, of course, together.
But I don't know Drupal well enough to know how complex their
internationalization module is in daily use, so I can't tell if it's
really feasible - it would just be the most painless solution :-)

Bye,
   Axel.