[haiku-doc] Re: Publishing the translated guides

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:32:01 +0100

-- Jorge G. Mare, on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:58:24 -0800:
> It would be nice if the translated pages got some extra exposure so
> that
> we can get feedback from actual users. So I was wondering: what's the
> plan for exporting the translated guides and placing them under the
> haiku-os.org domain?

Vincent would have to answer that. I'm not even sure the pages are
exported to a SVN or to which one...

> I think this should be done sooner rather than later; otherwise,
> people
> will start linking to the pages on the userguide.haikuzone.net
> subdomain, and that could end up being a problem in the long run.

Originally I had imagined, all we need to achieve is being ready with
as many as possible translations when R1 hits. But what you say does
make sense.

One question left to answer: What's done when an English page was
changed and the translated pages are now "fuzzy"? Will the whole
translated pages be removed or are the (maybe only slightly) out-of-
date pages kept in the hope the translator will get active soon?
Will only 100% complete translated user guides by linked from haiku-os.
org? Missing/incomplete pages contain the English original blocks, see
http://userguide.haikuzone.net/generated/userguide/en/applications/activitymonitor.html

and click through all the languages with the menu below the logo.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de