[haiku-development] Re: telnetd/ftpd ?

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:02:41 +0100

Am 14.01.2011 02:39, schrieb pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
Hi,
    Sorry to keep bugging with these questions, but I seem to keep
hitting something new.

I installed the gcc2 hybrid that I built (from revision 39972), and
things appear to be working, *except* for access via telnet or ftp
(or ssh for that matter).  I just get "Connection Refused".

I have uncommented those sections in /boot/common/settings/network/services
of course; that file seems identical with the one that works in my stable
(alpha 2) partition.  I have no trouble pinging, or connecting *out* from
Haiku, but can't connect in.  (I checked that newly compiled copies of
telnetd and ftpd do exist in /boot/system/bin.)

Anything changed that I don't know about?

This stopped working for me as well after some recent work on the networking components (perhaps two month ago or so). I have not had the time to binary search the exact revision. See my other reply about passwords.

Best regards,
-Stephan