[haiku-development] Re: telnetd/ftpd ?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:36:00 -0800

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:02:41AM +0100, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
> Am 14.01.2011 02:39, schrieb pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
> >
> >I installed the gcc2 hybrid that I built (from revision 39972), and
> >things appear to be working, *except* for access via telnet or ftp
> >(or ssh for that matter).  I just get "Connection Refused".
> >
> >Anything changed that I don't know about?
>
> This stopped working for me as well after some recent work on the
> networking components (perhaps two month ago or so). I have not had the
> time to binary search the exact revision. See my other reply about
> passwords.

Thanks for the confirmation!  I can stop obsessing about it now, anyway,
and hope for a fix soon.

I was going to post a ticket myself, but I'm having slight difficulties
logging in.  BeZilla reports that it can't verify haiku.org's certificate,
and if I click Accept, I find the browser has forgotten my login name
and password, so I'll have to dig!

-- Pete --