[haiku-development] Re: telnetd/ftpd ?

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:34:00 -0500

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:51 PM,  <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yeah -- that memory was dim by now, but I think I've ticked all the boxes
> therein.  Did you not get *any* connection before you set things up?
> I'm pretty sure the default ('baron') let me in to the login prompt,
> but I couldn't get any further.  Now I'm not even getting that far.

If I remember correctly I didn't even get a login prompt. It was
maddening to me because there was a user account, and everything was
running etc... but it simply acted like nothing was there at all until
I added a password and restarted... then magically it went through.

I remember because I was pulling my hair out redoing the network
config, checking firewalls, etc... thinking there was something wrong
with the network setup preventing my machine from talking to it.

Again, not sure this helps at all. I'm going to try a copy of the
latest nightly and see what happens. (my current haiku install is a
custom build, with my own name set as the username and a password
already set... so not really helpful to test with.)

--
猿も木から落ちる