[haiku-development] Re: [proposal] removing waddlesplash from #haiku IRC channel operators

  • From: gus knight <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development ML <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 10:09:37 -0400

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Adrien Destugues
<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As far as I know, this is not the case in the public #haiku channel. While I
may have op status there, I'm not allowed to control chanserv to change the
topic, set channel options, etc. And I think that's a good thing, it's better
that only a restricted set of people can do that.

This is now the third thing in this thread that you have made a claim
about without doing any research. By running the command:

/msg ChanServ access #haiku list

shows that nearly all of the developers (including you, PulkoMandy)
have the "+s" flag in addition to the "+Oo" flag, which lets them use
the ChanServ "set" command, which is how you modify the modelock.

But I didn't even use a modelock, and looking at Echelog shows I just
used the /mode command, which any operator can change.

Please at least try to do some research...
-gus