[haiku-development] Re: development paths

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:24:25 +0200 (MEST)

Ingo Weinhold<ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> We could even go further and introduce a /boot/common/develop/lib as well
> and change the linker library search paths to no longer include
> /boot/common/lib. Thinking this even further it can be questioned whether we
> want /boot/system/develop at all. If /boot/system is supposed to contain
> only the core system -- i.e. a fully self-contained minimal Haiku -- then
> the development stuff, which is optional, should go into /boot/common
> anyway.

That would actually be my preference as well as long as we have a clear
distinction between system and other headers.
Besides that, though, that something is optional isn't really an argument to
move it out of /system -- most drivers and demo apps are actually optional,
too. In that light, having the development files in /system doesn't sound so
bad either ;-)

Bye,
   Axel.