[haiku-development] development paths

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 01:12:23 +0200

Howdy,

in the course of changing the system directory structures to be more suitable
for package management one of the relocation victims has been /boot/develop.
Its contents has been split between /boot/system/develop (headers and lib) and
/boot/common/develop (etc and tools). I just noticed that Oliver also started
adjusting the paths for packages to use the develop/headers instead of the
include subdirectory. I don't really mind either way, but whatever we do, we
should aim for consistency.

We could even go further and introduce a /boot/common/develop/lib as well and
change the linker library search paths to no longer include /boot/common/lib.
Thinking this even further it can be questioned whether we want
/boot/system/develop at all. If /boot/system is supposed to contain only the
core system -- i.e. a fully self-contained minimal Haiku -- then the
development stuff, which is optional, should go into /boot/common anyway.

Opinions? Alternate ideas/visions?

CU, Ingo