[haiku-development] Re: The next release

  • From: "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 08:26:36 +0000

13 avril 2015 10:08 "Richie Nyhus-Smith" <richienyhus@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

So is Haikeuken going to be officially adopted by the project or is it
going to remain a 3rd
party
project by Alexander? Does the project still need to recruit a volunteer to
assist Alexander
with
development or is something else happening?

What do you need to make it "official"? kallisti5 is a member of the
project, with commit access,
so this IS already part of the Haiku project.

Ownership of code written by a Haiku developer does not get automatically
transfered to the
project, otherwise Alexander's apps BackUp and Freebird would also be part of
the Haiku Project.

Moving the two repos to 'https://github.com/haiku', changing the copyright to
the Haiku Project and
having it hosted by by Haiku, inc would make it more official. Linking to it
from the main side
would help interested ruby developers find out about it as well.

Not all of the code in Haiku itself has copyright owned by Haiku, inc. In my
case, I assign copyright to Haiku, Inc. for code I wrote under contract, but
keep the copyright for everything else. If I worked on Haiku sources under
contrqct from someone else, they would get the copyright. I don't have stats on
that but I think it is the same for most other devs.

As for recruiting people, the decision is in Haiku, inc. hands. They would
probably accept it if
someone offered help on this at a reasonable price. But I don't know of
anyone interested in doing
the work.

I meant recruiting a volunteer, as in getting someone to do 'pro bono' ruby
on rails devlopment
work. This would only require someone writing a reference or testament for
the volunteer, if that
at all.

We should make a non-GSoC-specific version of our ideas page on the website,
maybe. And we could add this to it.
http://www.haiku-os.org/community/getting-involved could probably get some
updates as well.

--