[haiku-development] Re: Should ICU headers be installed?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:34:04 -0500

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got in contact with Maxim and he was very helpful. We resolved this
> runtime linking problem and I have started to restructure the HaikuLauncher
> code to fulfill the threading requirements when using the pthread threading
> backend.

Sounds cool. I also think you are the ideal person to work out the
scrolling issue. I'm sure I could figure it out and learn a lot about
WebKit and the app_server in the process, but I obviously haven't made
much progress yet and it could take me some time to work it out. So if
you have any interest in that, have at it.

> If you could send your patch to me, that would be greatly appreciated. I
> can send you my patches in return :-D.

We should also be able to commit and push to the git repo on
gitorious, or at least get the good patches sent to WebKit through
their Bugzilla.

> Did you guys use some mailing list?
> Otherwise, we could just CC each other from now on.

Over GSoC we just emailed, and in the past months used Google Wave,
but the latter has not been really all that useful and I would be fine
with emails. I also set up a project on Pivotal Tracker, which is a
pretty nice system for tracking features and bugs. If you sign up for
Pivotal Tracker (it is free) I could add you to the project. At the
moment it is really out of date though.

Also if we still want to use Google Wave I have some invites now if
you want an account Stephan.

--
Regards,
Ryan