[haiku-development] Re: SMP: Is MAX_BOOT_CPUS 4 restriction intentional?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:00:39 -0400

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Christopher Walker
<sven.hakonsson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks! Now Haiku can run on my i7 920 desktop as well as my laptop. One
> problem, though. The ActivityMonitor Application still uses only 4 colors
> for all 8 of the 920's threads... so there are now 4 pairs of duplicate
> colors. Not really a bug, although I'd find it more aesthetically pleasing
> if it used a different color for each "core."

Yes there are only 4 colors in the default list for the CPU data
source, but it's an easy change to add more. In fact there is a TODO
indicating that Axel wasn't happy with the current default colors, so
if someone can come up with 8 nice colors that are fairly distinct
(and different from the default colors of the other data sources) we
can add them.

--
Regards,
Ryan