[haiku-development] Re: SMP: Is MAX_BOOT_CPUS 4 restriction intentional?

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:23:07 +0200

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:49:06 +0200 CEST, "François Revol" wrote:
>> I have increased MAX_BOOT_CPUS to 8 and completely rebuild the Haiku
>> installation. This version of Haiku goes to boot until the last (the
>> "Rocket") icon and freeze without go to blue desktop. After that I
>> have activated on-screen debugging and saw that all stopped with log
>> message
>> "Not possible to start debugger. The message: "tid < MAX HEAPS". I
>> think the following assert was occured but was not handled:
>
> Likely MAX_HEAPS is 4 as well somewhere ?
> src/system/libroot/posix/malloc/heap.h:
>    enum { MAX_HEAPS = B_MAX_CPU_COUNT };
>
> hmm it should be 8 then..

headers/build/os/kernel/OS.h has

#define B_MAX_CPU_COUNT 8

for intel arch and I have performed complete rebuild. Well I try
re-configure and remove all objects from the generated folder today
evening.

>> And now I need some more suggestions from you how to debug this
>> situation and let Haiku boot with 8 CPUs. ;-) Thank you!
>>
> should try to dprintf() tid to make sure :p

Ups, I have no RS232 port but the debug output is right on the screen!
Good idea. :-)

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski