[haiku-development] Re: Qustion of the packagemanagment system.

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:00:15 +0200

Am 28.08.2014 um 21:58 schrieb Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,
Am 28.08.2014 um 21:31 schrieb Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>:
So there are 2 places to express what architecture this package are? In the name and architecture: ?
It's the name of the package that are the one that are important?
No. If you are running a Haiku hybrid with the base system being
x86_gcc2, but with support for x86 binaries, then if you want to
provide the same software for both architecture of the hybrid, then
both packages would be for the „x86_gcc2“ base architecture of your
Haiku. One would be called „your_package-version-x86_gcc2.hpkg“ and
the other would be called „your_package_x86-version-x86_gcc2.hpkg“ and
contain the same software, but in the x86 secondary architecture
folders. The names would need to be different already because both
packages would be located in the same folder.
If your Haiku is an x86 based hybrid, then your packages would be named
your_package-version-x86.hpkg (targeting main arch for x86 Haiku)
your_package_x86_gcc2-version-x86.hpkg (targeting secondary arch for x86 Haiku)

Ok. It's the official x86_gcc2 hybrid image so base are x86_gcc2 but there will not be an x86_gcc2 version.

Anyhow "x86 secondary architecture folders" perhaps that's what's missing? Perhaps the system try to run an x86 program with x86_gcc2 libs?

Sure, that could be the problem. Maybe look at the WebKit package(s)
with Expander to see where stuff goes.

Thanks now It's working. But I have another problem but that's with the built application.

I have set to x86 when building but when I try to run it it says in the systemlog file "KERN: runtime_loader:Cannot open file libstdc++.so.6:No such file or directory". If I search for them, they exits. What can be my problem? that problem didn't exits before.. (a month before, don't remember what rev)

//Fredrik