[haiku-development] Re: Qustion of the packagemanagment system.

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:31:09 +0200

On 27/08/2014 07:45, James Leone wrote:
setarch=x86 \
./myprogram

That's not what he was asking about.
:)

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The package's architecture declaration must match the primary
architecture of the system in which you want to install the package, regardless of which compiler you built it with (exception are generic
architectures like "any").

So how do I do when I need to make a gcc4 package and want it to run in a
GCC2 hybride?

Just look at the haiku_x86 package:

package list
/system/packages/haiku_x86-r1~alpha4_pm_hrev47737-1-x86gcc2.hpkg
package-attributes:
        name: haiku_x86
[...]
        architecture: x86_gcc2
        version: r1~alpha4_pm_hrev47737-1
        copyright: 2001-2013 Haiku, Inc. et al
        license: MIT
        license: GNU LGPL v2.1
        provides: haiku_x86 = r1~alpha4_pm_hrev47737-1 (compatible >=
r1~alpha1)

The secondary architecture is only expressed in the package name and the
provides/requires directives.

That is, to package kit it's still an x86_gcc2 package after all, with
different names.

So there are 2 places to express what architecture this package are? In the name and architecture: ?

It's the name of the package that are the one that are important?

//Fredrik