[haiku-development] Re: Question about BFS.

  • From: Alexandre Moreira <alexandream@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:37:25 -0300

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2010-04-12 at 18:22:17 [+0200], Alexandre Moreira
> <alexandream@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The Queries use the fact that the inode has it's file name inside it,
>> but two different names mapping one inode would mean only one would
>> show up in queries. Is that correct?
>
> No, not really. Queries should return all matching *entries*. I.e. if only
> node attributes (i.e. not the file name) are involved, for a matching node
> with multiple entries all entries would have to be returned.

Yeah, but that's sort of my point: At least from what (I understand of
what) the book says (I don't know if that's still like that), the
current implementation is incapable of returning more than one
reference to the same inode, because it uses the name stored in the
inode and there's currently only one.

But nevermind that, I was just raising a topic on one hurdle that
could be unnoticed so far :)