[haiku-development] Re: Question about BFS.

  • From: Alexandre Moreira <alexandream@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:22:17 -0300

Thanks for all the replies, Axel and Adrien. It clarifies quite a few
things. One thing about the BFSIssues that I didn't quite get:

It says it doesn't have support for hard links, but are hard links at
all compatible with the query system? I mean, it'd be at least
strange, in my point of view:

The Queries use the fact that the inode has it's file name inside it,
but two different names mapping one inode would mean only one would
show up in queries. Is that correct?

On the other hand, there could be more than one name (outside the main
inode structure, to avoid having to load all the names whenever
accessing a file) reachable from the inode, but I'm not sure it's a
good idea.

Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.