[haiku-development] Re: Patches

  • From: Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:15:50 +0000

Hi,

I removed the additional check from the IsValid function of the superblock,
because while reading the linux implementation, it still mounts it normally
(even if it has errors) but gives out a warning that the file system should be
verified. What would be the correct way to handle such errors (ie. check
required)? Also, linux checks the revision number, and if it's unrecognized, it
only mounts the file system in read only mode. I assume this is for forward
compatibility. Should I handle it the same way?

Sorry I didn't compile the patches =(. I was quite in a hurry, and didn't have
time to get a proper development environment set up. But I will do it before I
post any more patches.

Also, I am currently implementing initial journal support, and I think I'll do
the idea to apply the journal changes in memory when the file system is mounted
as read-only. Is it okay if I publish the incomplete code online somewhere so
people can view and comment before I do an actual patch submission?

Thanks,

Janito