[haiku-development] Re: Q: Modifying InstallSourceArchive behavior

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:40:44 +0200

On 2010-04-26 at 18:48:19 [+0200], Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 14:58, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >> For R1 A2, would using the ISO9660 for just the to-be-sold &
> >> physically distributed CD's be ok?
> >
> > For what reason?
>
> Because I've doubts the anyboot image  + source archives will fit on a
> 700MB (80min) CD that CafePress uses. As we established earlier,
> including the sources on physically distributed media is the easiest
> way to satisfy the [L]GPL requirements for providing sources.

Oh, OK, I assumed the physical CDs would use the exact same image we'll be
distributing online (i.e. both with sources) and we'd simply have to find a
way to make things fit.

Do we already have estimates what the sources will weigh altogether? If it
isn't way beyond the 700 MB mark, we could get away with kicking some stuff
off the image. Also, switching to 1 KB BFS block size could save some MB.

CU, Ingo