[haiku-development] Re: Performance improving

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 01:31:00 -0400

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> WARNING!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS BUILD YET!!! Test 33 (commit tests) FAILS.
>
> This doesn't concern me personally (yet) but will make life hard for the
> regular developers if they upgrade, since the database created by svn-1.6.0
> is incompatible with svn-1.4.6 and it would require a complete source
> checkout to fix the problem and revert back to svn-1.4.6

I had this change in the database format bite me today at work (doing
Ruby on Rails stuff.) I really hate stuff like that, but I guess for
the sake of progress things like that are necessary.

Basically as Rob says, once you access a SVN repo with 1.6 or above,
anything below can no longer use it. The fact that the database change
happens silently is sort of annoying, though my use case was fairly
unusual: working on a repo in Mac OS X that was also used inside
Windows XP (from a Samba share) running in VMware Fusion. The Mac had
1.6 and the Windows version was a couple minor versions older.

Regards,
Ryan