[haiku-development] Re: Performance improving

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:12:00 +0000

scott mc wrote:
I built svn-1.6.0 yesterday and....

Did this require any special build steps?  Perhaps you can post your
build instructions so others can recreate and document it, svn is part
of the alpha1 requirements and we are still using one that was built
on beos IIRC.  It would be nice to get this updated.  Did svn pass all
of the tests?

Just a follow-up on those tests for svn-1.6.0, Scott. I tested it with the version of Python available from BeBits (python2.4) and out of 67 tests, the first 28 passed with only a couple of subtest glitches.

After that everything failed, but that was a result of the tests using modules not included in the BeBits distro, nor in any source distro I've looked at. So AFAIK the build is 99% perfect, but YMMV.

The subtests that failed before test 29 had to do with UTF-8 conversion, which may be a Haiku bug. I'll check the test code under BeOS and report it if that passes.

Rob