[haiku-development] Re: Package management: update / upgrade

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:24:36 -0800

On 11/20/2012 11:12, Stefano Ceccherini wrote:

Il giorno 20/nov/2012 20:05, "looncraz" <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>> ha scritto:

> My server has ~20 repos in it and I can't figure out which ones I can get rid of and which ones I can keep - and I've had SO MANY PROBLEMS when one of the stupid repos goes bust... terribly annoying...

How did you manage to have 20 repos? I reached 6 or 7 at max in the worst case, and we have various Linux servers at work ...

The server has been running since about 2007, but a couple pieces of software kept changing repos, and then Ubuntu change repos, and it just kept building up... The system works too well to go and upgrade the core and start fresh, so cruft is building up.

And the server does quite a bit, I used to serve my neighborhood streaming movies, storage, proxying, NAT, and quite a bit more! It currently just serves my movies/shows, SAMBA (ugh...), and Apache... but the software app is broken (again) because some repos moved (again)... so I'll just stick with outdated versions until I can find something better to us on it...

--The loon