[haiku-development] Re: Open Source Dooble Web Browser for Haiku

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:59:20 -0400

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Dustin Howett <alaricx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> WebPositive is under active development, and Ryan Leavengood, who is also
> involved in the Haiku project, is involved in its development.

Yeah I'm slowly working on updating our WebKit port to use the latest
WebKit code and merge in our changes from a custom repo. After that is
done I have a lot of ideas for improvement to WebPositive to match
feature parity with other browsers. I regularly use Firefox 4 and
Chrome in Linux, and maybe even give Dooble a spin for other ideas.

Haiku needs a native browser and also a native HTML widget that fits
in well with the Haiku API. We can't have a core part of the system
depend on Qt.

I'm sure it would be possible to get Dooble going with Haiku's Qt
port, and having options is always nice. But we still need the native
browser.

--
Regards,
Ryan