[haiku-development] Re: Open Source Dooble Web Browser for Haiku

  • From: Randolph Dohm <rdohm321@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:41:55 +0200

2011/6/20 Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Urias McCullough wrote:
>

>> Haiku's WebPositive browser uses Webkit already - it just needs some
>> updating.
>>

> I checked http://dooble.sf.net out. Looks to be primarily QT based
> browser. I tried to compile it on QT and there are tons of errors.
>  Sean

Hi Sean and Urias, you used the current svn, which of course compiles, you
do not have libgcrypt added and need Qt 4.7.3
http://www.gnupg.org/related_software/libraries.en.html
As Webositive ( is it /seems a port from Arora?, which is not developed
anymore, see mailinglist) might be not updated, my suggestion was to use
this browser, which is under active development with a lot of cool features,
other browser do not have, e.g. a password prompt to open up the browser, so
user specific.

Please test again with qt 4.7.3 and libcrypto or use an older svn =
http://dooble.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dooble?view=revision&revision=2147

Which OS did you use to compile? did you load the actual SDK of Qt 4.7.3.?

Regards Randolph