[haiku-development] Re: Old image

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:45:27 +0200 CEST

David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unzipping took about 30mins or so.

Obviously only copying is really problematic, unzipping usually is much
better.

> It was interesting how the machine worked while it was unzipping
> though.  Lots of CPU followed by a long pause (presumably IO).  While
> IO was going on the system was unresponsive.

Yes, I have that on the Eee as well - looks like doing I/O completely
freezes this system. Maybe its interrupts aren't well spread, but maybe
it's just that the general I/O problem we have are much more apparent
due to the slow SSD write process.

Bye,
   Axel.