[haiku-development] Re: Moving away from Subversion (pt 4)

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:27:52 -0500

On Sunday, January 30, 2011, Niels Sascha Reedijk
<niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Unfortunately the time has been passing and other things have been
> catching the attention instead. The current status would be that it
> turns out that our preferred workflow can be implemented both in git
> and hg. We are in the process of producing a fair comparison of the
> test suite of both tools and then putting the question back on this
> mailing list.

Well you probably know where my vote will be (Git), but I think
deciding this soon and moving to one or the other would be nice so as
to ease the alpha 3 release management process.

Also things like the refactoring of the menu code I would like to do
would be so much easier with easy branching, local committing, etc.

--
Regards,
Ryan