[haiku-development] Re: Moving away from Subversion (pt 4)

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 17:45:46 -0500

Resurrecting a two month old thread:

On Sunday, December 5, 2010, Niels Sascha Reedijk
<niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5 December 2010 22:44, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> But please, let's just wait for the "task force" to finish their work. I'm
>> sure they'll come up with a good comparison with focus on the requirements
>> of the Haiku project.
>
> I'm working on the wrap-up report now, should be done this week :-)

Was there ever a conclusion or report about this issue? Considering
the discussion to maybe do the alpha 3 release soon it reminded me of
the pain of branching and merging in SVN and how nice it would be if
the Haiku code was managed in a distributed source control system. It
also would at least make my Haiku development work easier.

--
Regards,
Ryan