[haiku-development] Re: Moving away from Subversion (pt 4)

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:33:37 -0500

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Adrien Destugues <adestugu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A rev number à la svn is a feature-meter, not a time-meter. But it
> doesn't matter much.

Well it is just a commit meter, that is all.

> Easier for devs, but not for users. This is just another way to raise
> the barier between user and developper. Not a good move if you want
> more devs, IMHO.

I think more binary searching for bugs will be done by developers, but
I do see your point and it is valid. Hopefully reasonable tags could
help users, assuming we used a system without revision numbers and
would use tags instead.

> Yes. I guess they thought about it all already.

Yes. I suppose I'll stop wasting time continuing to discuss this until
we hear from them.

--
Regards,
Ryan