[haiku-development] Re: Making updated partition bootable

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:38:23 -0700

Hmm -- I think I've been looking at the wrong place...

I repeated all my steps.  Copied over the system directory hierarchy
from the older partition (without touching the boot sectors), and it
once again booted normally.  Made a bootable image of the new system,
copied it over, and I'm once again back to the KDL.

By any chance, is the image now ATA based? (:-/)  I realize that the
boot sequence is getting to the (I guess) 'drive' icon before it dies,
so it must be finding haiku_loader, right?  Begins to sound like a
disk access problem..

If it is now ATA, how do I get back to IDE?

-- Pete --