[haiku-development] Re: Making updated partition bootable

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 01:10:47

Hi Pete

> Since my last post (and another KDL) I looked at the syslog from the
> debugger, and all the pre-crash lines are "IDE:"! So it can't be that
> it's actually using ATA instead (or can it?  ATA isn't emulating IDE
> or something, is it?)

Just to make sure, you have nothing laying around from the old install,
right? If you only copy over the new stuff and leave the old stuff in
place you can end up having both ATA and IDE installed. That's not a
good situation.

Note though that there are a few lines that start with "PCI-IDE:" in
both stacks because they come from the adapter code that hasn't been
updated in that regard.

> When were significant changes to the bus drivers made?  Maybe I can
> find straddling images that I could try.

You could use an image before the bus_manager was switched. That'd be
anything before r32569.

Regards
Michael