[haiku-development] Re: List of svn-users

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare/aka Koki" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:00:47

Howdy,

Urias McCullough wrote on Tue, 1 Sep 2009 10:45:53 -0700:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Oliver Tappe<zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > I'd rather like to pull the whole haiku-os.net domain over to the
> > new hoster,
> > that way we could test everything under that domain.
> > As far as I can tell, there isn't anything using haiku-os.net,
> > right?
>
> It's basically just a redirect to haiku-os.org... but I could
> probably
> setup DNS in godaddy for this pretty quickly if you need.
>
> Is there a specific reason you'd want to split the resources amongst
> multiple top domains? I would think it will be more confusing this
> way.

As a general rule, from a consistency POV it is always better to use
the haiku-<wildcard>.org domain pattern whenever possible, such as in
haiku-files.org, the upcoming haiku-art.org, etc.

If the concern is the inability of the server admins to control the DNS
settings, perhaps it can be arranged for them to have access to the
Godaddy account where these are managed.

Keeping the domains in Godaddy has served us good over the years and
across moves from one hosting provider to another. I think it is wise
to keep domain management there.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki