[haiku-development] List of svn-users

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 17:43:32 +0200

Hi there,

I have just transferred all haiku user accounts from BerliOS over to the new
haiku-svn VM, dropping a couple on the way, as they seem to be no longer
around:

        Alexander G. M. Smith
        Andre Alvez Garcia
        Andrew Bachmann
        Bryan Varner
        Daniel Furrer
        Gabe Yoder
        Jonathan Yoder (Darkwyrm)
        Gavin James (may still be around, but is no commiter, AFAICS)
        Greg Crain
        Hugo Santos
        Maurice Kalinowski
        Michael Walsh
        Michael Phipps
        Nathan Whitehorn
        Waldemar Kornewald

I didn't follow any particular guideline here, just followed my guts, really.
So if you think that someone from this list should get their account copied
to our new svn server, please tell.
Naturally, since all these guys were committers in the past, they would get
an account whenever they said they'd like one. I just thought it'd be a good
idea to have a go at a cleanup during the move.

As a result, the following users exists on haiku-svn:

        absabs
        aldeck
        aljen
        anevilyak
        aspielmann
        axeld
        bga
        bgroff
        bonefish
        colacoder
        czeidler
        dlmcpaul
        euan
        geist
        humdingerb
        imker
        jackburton
        julun
        kirilla
        korli
        laplace
        leavengood
        marcusoverhagen
        meian
        mmlr
        mmu_man
        modeenf
        nielx
        oruizdorantes
        phoudoin
        pulkomandy
        rudolfc
        sbenedetto
        sikosis
        stippi
        stpere
        threedeyes
        zooey

Again, if anyone thinks he or someone else is missing, or they'd like to get
their username changed, please just give me a shout.

From the shown users, only the following public ssh keys are installed, such
that only these users can currently log into the haiku-svn VM:

        /home/anevilyak/.ssh/authorized_keys
        /home/axeld/.ssh/authorized_keys
        /home/bonefish/.ssh/authorized_keys
        /home/leavengood/.ssh/authorized_keys
        /home/nielx/.ssh/authorized_keys
        /home/sikosis/.ssh/authorized_keys
        /home/stippi/.ssh/authorized_keys
        /home/zooey/.ssh/authorized_keys

So please send me your public ssh keys, such that I can add them to your
account and you will be able to use the subversion server.

In order to be able to (write-)access the subversion repository via http,
too, a htdigest of a password of your choice is required.
In order to get such a beast, you need to execute the following command:

        htdigest2 -c <username>.htdig haiku-svn <username>

If you do not have access to the htdigest2 command (which comes with Apache2,
IIRC) you can always send me your public ssh key first, then log into
haiku-svn and execute the above command in your home directory. I will then
collect the *.htdig files and add them to the apache authentication files.

***************
Login procedure
In general, login to the new server and any of its VMs will only be possible
via ssh-key authentication, i.e. cleartext passwords are disabled.

During the first login, you will be asked to change your password. The
initial password is empty, so just press return when asked for the old
password.

If you encounter any problems, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll try my
best to help.

cheers,
        Oliver