[haiku-development] Re: Keymaps application UI

  • From: Denis Washington <dwashington@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:19:46 +0200

Jorge Mare wrote:
If I am not mistaken...

* "System" shows the list keymaps included by default in the system

* "User" shows the custom keymaps created by the user

I think there is value in having separate lists, as it would help make
the distinction between the two more obvious. I would label the user
list more explicitly though: maybe "User-defined" or "Custom" is
better?

Jorge
Why are user-defined keymaps needed? As users usually don't build their own keyboards, I cannot think of a use case where this makes sense. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though. ;)

Regards,
Denis