[haiku-development] Re: Joystick support

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:59:10 +0100

Joysticks being input devices and, in USB case, an HID device like any
other, it make sense to indeed start from Michael's usb_hid (and his
generic HID parser module...) to add a missing "USB Joystick" input
device add-on.

Beware, though, as BeOS BJoystick API was designed around a polling
mechanism, while input server is about broadcasting messages.

Still regarding BJoystick API, I've already an enhancement to propose:
support more than 32 buttons, the limit in BeOS R5.
Yes, I know, it sounds weird, but many HOTAS joystick & throttle
combos actually have more than 32 buttons per HID device.
My Saitek X52 Pro for instance publish 38 buttons for instance...

Bye,
  Your future tester ;-).