[haiku-development] Re: Joystick support

  • From: Krzysiek Ćwiertnia <krzysiek.bmkx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:08:26 +0100

2009/12/17 François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>:
>> > How would input server (being a client of the framework) pick
>> > primary
>> > pointer device for the desktop usage then?
>> > Without being informed of primary usage of the device?
>>
>> Why does it have to pick a primary device? The current solution in
>> the
>> input_server is to let all mouse devices act at the same time.

> Btw, some people (often motion impaired people) use joysticks to
> replace mice, it would make sense to allow such behaviour by default
> until a game requests access to it.

Well, I was against enabling joystick and other game controllers as a
mouse by default, primarily because of unintentional events it could
produce. If it's not properly calibrated or misconfigured for example
(this is pretty much like my joypad behaves in Haiku right now). But
you have a point here. Still, I'm not sure it supposed to be default
behaviour, but I think this isn't the decision that *we* have to be
making right now.

Regards,
Krzysiek