[haiku-development] Joystick support

  • From: Krzysiek Ćwiertnia <krzysiek.bmkx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:47:02 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to give it a try and implement joystick support in Haiku (for
usb based devices in particular). I've read discussion that took place
on this ML about a year ago or so, and I think of approach proposed by
Michael Lotz. That is to handle joysticks (and hopefully some other
game controllers) by input server. I've already looked into both usb
hid and input add-ons and it all seems to be not that really hard. But
I'll ask first if someone is actually working on it maybe? I think
that Fredrik Modéen was interested in this task, at least at the time
of the mentioned discussion. Or, maybe you'd prefer this not to be
done by someone from the "outside"?
Anyway, I'd like to hear your opinion.

Regards,
Krzysiek