[haiku-development] Re: Joystick support

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:01:17 +0100

> Well, I was against enabling joystick and other game controllers as a
> mouse by default, primarily because of unintentional events it could
> produce. If it's not properly calibrated or misconfigured for example
> (this is pretty much like my joypad behaves in Haiku right now). But
> you have a point here. Still, I'm not sure it supposed to be default
> behaviour, but I think this isn't the decision that *we* have to be
> making right now.

This is a problem I encountered in GrafX2. It allows input from both
mouse and joystick and on linux, as soon as you have an analog
joystick port on your soundcard, SDL opens it. As the device is
uncalibrated, it makes the mouse pointer drift and jump around. Not
something you want enabled by default. Even whith a plugged and
calibrated joystick there is some noise on the analog port lines and I
suspect it would be the same with an usb one.

--
Adrien.