[haiku-development] Re: Intel GMA X4500 Video Handholding?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:30:42 +0100

Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The 0x2e23 is just listed as "Display controller",
> without any mention of VGA.  Would that be the controller for my DVI
> port?

Most likely. VGA/DVI output doesn't matter for the chipset itself at
all.

> Can anyone make any suggestions as to how I can figure out why my
> controller is still not recognized?

As I wrote in the other mail, you also have to change the Intel GART
driver to support you chipset. See src/add-
ons/kernel/busses/agp_gart/intel_gart.cpp.
Please note that you have to add the bridge and the display ID.

Bye,
   Axel.