[haiku-development] Re: Intel GMA X4500 Video Handholding?

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:33:48 -0200

2009/11/29 André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2009/11/29 Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> When I do that, my screen goes black at the point the app_server
>> starts up.  My keyboard and mouse are getting power, so I don't think
>> it's crashed, but something is wrong about the driver.
>
> Michael, try to add the 0x2e22 ID instead of the 0x2e23. PCI class
> 0x38000 is usually used for secondary displays. The fact that it
> states "VGA compatible" (PCI class 0x30000) for the 0x2e22 doesn't
> really mean it's not DVI at all.

Sorry, hit the wrong button.

Additionally, if you manage to boot something that uses Xorg on your
laptop (FreeBSD 8 is just fresh out of the oven!), the X11 logs might
be very useful to determine the ID of your primary display controller.
I strongly suspect it's the 0x2e22 one and you're going the opposite
direction because the word "VGA" strikes you as wrong. It's even
possible that the Haiku syslog (enable dumping it to disk it at the
kernel settings file) will give you enough information to determine
the primary display.

Cheers,
A.