[haiku-development] Re: Intel GMA X4500 Video Handholding?

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 04:29:29 -0800

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 4:18 AM, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In the Bridge section is also listed "Intel Corporation 4 Series
> Chipset DRAM Controller", with a Device ID of 0x2e20 - perhaps I
> should use that in intel_gart instead?

When I do that, my screen goes black at the point the app_server
starts up.  My keyboard and mouse are getting power, so I don't think
it's crashed, but something is wrong about the driver.

When I send debug output to the screen it eventually stops responding
to the keyboard, so I can't page all the way through the boot.  I'll
see if I can get the serial output to work.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com