[haiku-development] Re: [Haiku-commits] r21394 - in haiku/trunk: headers/os/interface src/kits/interface

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:22:36 -0400 EDT

> And while I am at it...
> Would anyone be against changing the menu layout so that we always
> leave the space for the submenu arrow ? Currently, menus look ugly
> when some items have a submenu and some not. Basically, what I'm
> proposing is switching from this:
>
> http://burton666.neoni.net/workspace/upload/shots/old.png
>
> to something like this:
>
> http://burton666.neoni.net/workspace/upload/shots/new.png
I think that they *both* need work and I figured out why. While I don't
have immediate access to R5, the menu in StyledEdit under Zeta has a
_lot_ more space between the modifier bitmaps and the text than what we
have in Haiku. As a result, you try to scan down the right side of the
list and your eyes are interrupted by Revert to Saved or Page Setup.
The menus (at least in the screenshot) are both hard to read. I say add
some space in the middle and we'll talk -- right now that makes the
entire discussion moot IMO.

--Jon