[haiku-development] Re: Graphical Boot Loader

  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 18:44:34 +0100

Gabriele Biffi writes:

You are not supposed to load MacOS from the Haiku boot loader...

I don't generally think the boot loader should care what I run from it. I think the problem has to do with making the partition active. Anyways, GRUB works for now.

bootman fits into the 512 bytes of the first sector. If you want to make something more complex, you will have to make a partition just for it and a complex setup system, and this is not the Haiku way!

I didn't know there was a 512 bytes limit, and that probably makes a graphical boot loader difficult. Dunno what SUSE does though. Maybe an own partition if thats the only way. I never said it would be interesting if you would have to dedicate an own partition to the boot loader. The idea was refreshing it a tad.