[haiku-development] Graphical Boot Loader

  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:47:55 +0100

Hi, I had some problems loading MacOS from the Haiku boot loader, so I decided to go for GRUB. When installing GRUB i came across gfxboot or "graphical grub". It seemed kind of nice, though I know a lot of people don't even want to see the boot loader. The graphical GRUB isn't really pretty (at least those configurations I have seen), so I thought of making a mockup for what I would want to see as a future bootman. It's simple, and very Haiku-like in my opinion. I love the original bootman, and I really want to use it rather than GRUB (it's much prettier), but my current configuration doesn't allow me to do that now for some reason. Here's my mockup if anyone is interested: http://dev.petterhj.net/bootman.png I don't know how much of it that are possible to do, but something like this would be pretty cool. Probably nothing that would be smart to do now, but maybe in the future.

Best Regards,
Petter