[haiku-development] Re: GSoC Project - Continue the CUPS port

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 13:34:28 +0200

Le Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:52:20 +0200, Ithamar R. Adema <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

I think this would help a lot getting the ghostscript backends to work, but is not a requirement. Again, we don't really want CUPS, we want the printer drivers from Ghostscript and the printer specifications from foomatic, CUPS is just the glue (equal to our current print_server and transport addons, only slightly more advanced features like network printer sharing and such).

Printing over the network is something i'd actually use a lot. So we need some kind of compatibility with network printers. But I don't think that needs cups on the client, does it ?

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx