[haiku-development] Re: GSoC Project - Continue the CUPS port

  • From: Pier Luigi Fiorini <pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:09:07 +0200

2010/4/2 Ionut Cristian Paraschiv <paraschiv.ionut@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hello!
>
>    My name is Ionut Cristian Paraschiv, and I am from Romania. I am a
> student in the 2nd year at University Politehnica of Bucharest, Faculty of
> Automatic Control and Computers, Computers Science Department. I like to
> program in C, Java, languages that I am very familiar with. I also have some
> knowledge of assembly language, bash scripting, basic networking and working
> with Unix based systems (I have a Linux professional certificate).
>    I have read many project lists, this one seems quite interesting.
>    I'm familiar with C Posix functions (I'm doing in faculty a course about
> protocols of communication, where we have projects in which we must use
> posix functions), and also I have pretty good C and debugging skills (using
> gdb).
>    Is there a mentor to this project, and if so, I would like to get more
> details about this project (what should I have to continue, maybe a source
> code or a link to read more information).
>    Thank you!
>
> Regards,
> Ionut Cristian Paraschiv

Some patches were done by Ithamar some time ago, and were ported to Cups
1.4.1 here:
http://mercurial.osdrawer.net/cups/

There's also a project on OsDrawer.net:
http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/cups

There were some things missing from Haiku in order to complete the Haiku
port but I don't exactly remember the details.

--
Some companies die
Be's beauty lives forever