[haiku-development] Re: GCC 2 x GCC 4.

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:32:41 -0300

PulkoMandy wrote:
What about a GGC2 build including GCC4 libs for compatibility and
experimentation ?

That would also work but would not achieve the objective of getting the GCC 4 version sorted up, which is one of the objectives we could fulfill with this.

That would give a full binary-compatible (and well-tested) system, but
still allow to work on projects such as Webkit and other apps and
ported things (it's likely that more and more apps will need gcc4 in
the future ...).

... is that even possible, anyways ?

It is, and it could be a god compromise. Except for what I mentioned above.

-Bruno